Job Openings here at Charleston Hematology Oncology Associates:
Patient Financial Counselor
Charleston Hematology Oncology Associates has an exciting opportunity for a Patient Financial Counselor in Charleston, South Carolina.
Under general supervision, is responsible for insurance verification and eligibility, assessment of patient financial requirements, counseling patients on insurance benefits and co-payments. Obtains pre-authorization of services.. Resolves all insurance denials in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures all insurance and eligibility information is obtained and entered into the system in an accurate manner.
• Performs insurance verification process on all third party payers. Obtains initial and subsequent pre-authorization and pre-certification for all treatment regimens
• Re-verifies benefits and obtains authorization and/or referral after treatment plan has been discussed, prior to initiation of treatment.
• Performs financial counseling process on all patients prior to treatment, which includes patient financial obligations, billing practices and establishing payment arrangements.
• Refers patients to patient assistance specialist as necessary.
• Resolves all insurance denials in a timely manner.
• Answers subsequent patient billing questions.
• Works closely with the medical team and provider to coordinate a best financial plan for the patient.
• Demonstrates an understanding for patient confidentiality to protect the patient and the practice.
• Associates Degree, Higher education preferred.
• One year of experience in a medical practice or similar setting.
Medical Laboratory Tech
Immediate need for an experienced MLT to work in a high volume outpatient Oncology/Hematology practice. This position is part time (for now) Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with no weekends or holidays.
Experience: One year experience preferred, but not required. Hematology/Chemistry/Generalist.
Knowledge/Skills: Must have ability to use standard office equipment (telephones, fax machines, computer terminals, etc.). Must possess good communication and organization skills. Must be able to work efficiently at a fast pace.
Job Type: Full-time
• Hematology/Chemistry/Generalist: 1 year
Required license or certification:
How To Apply:
Email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org